The ultimate in rustic chic glamping is Spirit Bear TeePee at Eagles Nest! Experience the mountains like never before. Lay back and watch the stars from your seat beside the campfire. Make dinner over the outside wood firepit or at the gas grill, and roast marshmallows after dinner (cooking essentials provided). When it's time for bed, hunker down in the TeePee's main room with a Queen bed and two Twin beds and a glass & propane firepit. Washing up is a breeze in the unique bathhouse a short walk away from the TeePee, made of boulders and reclaimed barnwood, with a shower and art glass sink. On the grounds is a newly installed salt-water hot tub!
Staying out here in a TeePee doesn't mean you're giving up all creature comforts, though. Spirit Bear TeePee comes equipped with a coffeemaker, mini-fridge inside, Yeti cooler for food storage (bring ice!), space heaters for the chillier nights, fans for the warmer evenings, and WiFi.What Should I Bring?
When to arrive:
- Backpack / Day Pack (due to the hiking trail access, suitcases are not recommended)
- Clothing suitable for a mountain top glamping adventure during the season you are visiting
- Rain gear (we hope the sun shines for your entire stay!)
- Hiking boots / trail friendly shoes
- Hiking staff / trekking poles (optional but can be helpful for some)
- Flash lights / head lamp for each person
- Matches / Lighter (for the fire pit)
- Ice for the cooler
Since access to the TeePee is via a wilderness trail, it is recommended that all adventure guests arrive during the daylight hours to familiarize yourself with the access from the parking area. Spirit Bear TeePee will be closed for winter season mid-October through mid-May yearly.
Pet Friendly! $25/night per dog
Firewood may be added at the time of booking or by reaching out to us more than a week in advance. You receive two wrapped bundles and a firestarter for $25/night.
While enjoying your stay at Spirit Bear TeePee, you have access to most amenities inside of Eagles Nest. Amenities available to you include:
Amphitheater (location of summer concerts from May to the end of November)
The Great Lawn
Ropes Course and Climbing Tower (seasonal)
Toy Barn (closed for renovations)
Sportsmans Lodge (unlocked portion only)
Sports Court (Basketball and Pickleball)
Sportsman’s Grille (Wed-Sun. Hours vary)
Woodland Trail System (ATV Trails, Hiking, Biking)
Camp (BYO Equipment):
(Restrooms and Pavilion coming soon!)
Food and Wine served
Eagles Nest Winery day passes are available onsite for $25.00 each
HOURS: Thur & Fri 4p-10p. Sat & Sun 1p-7p
Please note all visitors on premise must be 16 years or older. This is strictly enforced.
Guest do not have access to the locked off portion of the Sportsman’s Lodge, the Fitness Center, or the Wine & Cigar Bar. That is for member use only.OFF-PEAK SPECIAL: Stay longer than the minimum number of nights and automatically receive a 5-15% Discount-
Excluding Holidays.Additional Notes:
- Guest do not have access to the locked off portion of the Sportsmans Lodge or the Wine & Cigar Bar. That is for member use only.
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own ATV's. For information about ATV rentals please visit: offroadadventuresnc.com.
- The North Pavilion is host to several summer parties including a Fourth of July celebration and concerts which guests are more than welcome to attend however, in the event there is a wedding or other private party, guests are not allowed in or near the Sportsmans Lodge.
- Guests are responsible for supplying their own recreational equipment (basketballs, soccer balls, tennis equipment etc.)
- The summer concerts are open to all guests however there is an admission fee for each person and cash bar for food and drinks.
- All linens and towels provided
- All Eagles Nest homes have an additional amenity fee in order to maintain the luxurious amenities
- Please note that the community of Eagles Nest has construction going on. Due to how sound travels, during weekdays you may hear heavy vehicles traveling on the development's roads.
- Spirit Bear TeePee is located at the back of Eagles Nest, approximately a 25-30 minute drive from the main gate. The back gate is only about 10 minutes away.
- Access to the TeePee is via a gravel road and a moderately inclined dirt & stone hiking path from the parking area. This property is not recommended for guests with mobility concerns.
- Please note that all Eagles Nest homes have internet, but some areas of travel may not have cell reception.