Welcome to Doe Run Cottage, tucked at the back of Fish Camp at Eagles Nest!
Only 3 miles from downtown Banner Elk, Doe Run Cottage is the perfect family retreat. This adorable home has single-level living with two bedroom, two and a half baths. The great room has an open concept with the living room and kitchen together. The large, live-edge wood island doubles as indoor dining with seating for six. Cuddle on the sofa by the gas log fireplace. One bedroom has a queen bed with TV and a private full bathroom with tiled shower and a double granite vanity. To the other side of the home is the bunk room with two sets of custom twin over twin bunks. This private bath has a tiled tub/shower combination and double granite vanity.
Off the living room is a covered deck with dining table for six guests. Follow the stone path down the hillside to the firepit near the stream.
Fish Camp guests enjoy exclusive fishing access across the highway on the private, pristine headwaters of the Elk River for catch & release fishing of trophy trout. While enjoying your stay at Doe Run Cottage, you also have access to most amenities inside of Eagles Nest. Amenities available to you include:
Amphitheater (location of summer concerts from May to the end of November)
The Great Lawn
Ropes Course and Climbing Tower (seasonal)
24/7 General Store
Sportsmans Lodge (unlocked portion only)
Sports Court (Basketball and Pickleball)
Sportsman’s Grille (Wed-Sun. Hours vary)
Woodland Trail System (ATV Trails, Hiking, Biking)
Camp (BYO Equipment):
(Restrooms and Pavilion coming soon!)
Food and Wine served
Eagles Nest Winery day passes are available onsite for $25.00 each
HOURS: Thur & Fri 4p-10p. Sat & Sun 1p-7p
Please note all visitors on premise at winery must be 16 years or older. This is strictly enforced.
Guest do not have access to the locked off portion of the Sportsman’s Lodge, the Fitness Center, or the Wine & Cigar Bar. That is for member use only.
OFF-PEAK SPECIAL: Stay longer than the minimum number of nights and automatically receive a 5-15% Discount-
- Pets are welcome for an additional fee of $25 per pet per night. Maximum of 2 mature, well-trained dogs only.
- Eagles Nest is an up and coming community, with construction currently going on in several of its neighborhoods. Construction noises may be heard from 7am-7pm Monday-Saturday.
- The North Pavilion is host to several summer parties including a Fourth of July celebration and concerts which guests are more than welcome to attend however, in the event there is a wedding or other private party, guests are not allowed in or near the Sportsmans Lodge.
- The main roads are plowed in winter, but 4WD or AWD vehicles are required November-March, and chains may also be necessary to access all properties in winter months.
- All stays at Eagles Nest homes have an additional amenity fee in order to maintain the luxurious facilities and features in the development. For this home, it is $35 per night (max $175).
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own ATV's. For information about ATV rentals please visit: offroadadventuresnc.com
- Guests are responsible for supplying their own recreational equipment (basketballs, soccer balls, tennis equipment etc.)
- The summer concerts are open to all guests however there may be an admission fee for each person and cash bar for food and drinks.
- All linens and towels provided for your stay.
- Please note that all Eagles Nest homes have internet, but some areas of travel may not have cell reception.
- Guests returning to Doe Run Cottage may receive a discount of 5%, not to be combined with other discounts to the room rent.