Welcome to Woof Lodge, a beautiful new home in SweetGrass community with three suites and outdoor fireplace.
Please note this community has new development and construction on neighboring lots. Due to how sound travels, you may hear and see heavy vehicles & equipment during your visit.
Enter the main level to the well-appointed kitchen with spacious counters and a large, granite island that seats three. Nearby is the beautiful, wooden table with modern-rustic chandelier lighting. Elegant dining and glassware is available for your dinner . Off the entry is a half bath and the laundry center.
The living room features a stone-stacked, gas fireplace to the lofted ceilings. Mounted over the mantle is a flat-screen TV and section. The primary king bedroom is off the living room with private bathroom suite. Soak in the tub or relax in the tiled shower. Upstairs are two additional bedrooms, each a queen bedroom with TV and private bath. Outside on the back deck is a woodburning fireplace with seating, a gas grill, and dining for six.
Within the neighborhood is Boone Fork Creek, which winds through the middle of Sweetgrass and has been designated as a North Carolina Outstanding Trout Stream. Just a little ways up the road at the heart of SweetGrass is the 22-acre lake fed by Boone Fork Creek! Bring your own canoes/kayaks and paddles to enjoy this beautiful lake!
Sweetgrass features beautiful mountain vistas, a lake and stream, and miles of pristine mountain trails which are perfect for hiking, riding, and biking. At Sweetgrass you'll find a mountain playground like no other. Here, each season brings with it something spectacular. The springtime is ablaze with wildflowers, the summers are filled with warm days and cool nights which are perfect for daytime outdoor adventures and evenings around the firepit, fall's foliage is absolutely stunning, and the snows of winter transform the area into a picturesque winter wonderland.
Each season is perfect for outdoor recreation, but there is much more to do here than simply enjoy the splendor of nature. There are also a variety of festivals, community events, upscale shops, and gourmet restaurants to enjoy in Blowing Rock. Combining the welcoming mountain living of Woof Lodge, Sweetgrass, and Blowing Rock will enable you to enjoy a lifestyle that is unrivaled by that of any other High Country location.
Located just 2 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, 12 minutes from Main Street Blowing Rock, 15 minutes from Tweetsie Railroad Theme Park and Appalachian Ski Resort, 20 minutes from Boone and Grandfather Mountain, 30 minutes to Hawksnest and Sugar Mountain, you may find that Woof Lodge is your new favorite place to call home.
-Firewood for the outdoor fireplace may be added by reaching out to us more than a week in advance. You get two wrapped bundles and a firestarter for $25/night.
- It is plowed in winter with fully paved access on mostly level roads. AW or 4WD vehicles are recommended for all homes during winter months. We are happy to help you find the home with the access you are most comfortable with, any time of year!
- This home is pet friendly, allowing one dog for an additional rent of $25 per night plus tax.
- Sweetgrass is an environmentally conscious community that observes a catch and release fishing policy to ensure a sustained fish population.
- The Sweetgrass neighborhood is a peaceful haven, and therefore does not permit firearm discharge, fireworks, golf carts, dirt bikes, four wheelers, loud music, or other objectionable noises that disrupts the quiet enjoyment of the natural environment. During quiet hours (10PM – 8AM), all outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
- Rental guests have access to the grounds around the lake house, all hiking trails, and may fish in the lake. Guests are not permitted inside the lake house or on its patio. ATVs are not permitted on the hiking trails.