The Outside Inn at The Lodges at Eagles Nest! This stunning home is perched at nearly 5,000 ft. of elevation on a very secluded 5+ acre homesite and looks out on to 180 degree panoramic mountain views, featuring sunrises over Grandfather Mountain and sunsets over Roan Mountain. The Outside Inn is the embodiment of sophisticated architecture paired with refined interior design. Put simply, this entire property is a pure work of art unto itself. The owners spent nearly a year carefully selecting the land, which offered the exact combination of views, elevation, privacy and space they wanted. They then engaged with multiple architects to painstakingly create a home design that was both extraordinary looking from the outside, yet functional and comfortable on the inside.
The reclaimed wood and stone materials were selected to reflect a seamless blend of authentic Appalachian construction, while the simple, clean lines of the interiors sublimely give way to an abundance of windows looking out to the exquisite vistas. The landscape design, weaving in and out through boulders as old as time itself, was crafted to cultivate an eternal and enduring sense of having always been there. The net result is a refreshing sensation of being immersed in the hearty mountain textures and stirring landscape the home offers from nearly every inch of the indoor and outdoor living space. Of course this rugged authenticity is accompanied by the opulent furnishings, fine artwork and luxury appliances one would expect from a home of this caliber. All within the awe-inspiring surroundings, and with access to the exciting amenities, of the most exceptional gated community available for luxury home rentals in The Blue Ridge Mountains. Come experience a truly "next level" North Carolina mountain vacation at The Outside Inn at The Lodges at Eagles Nest in Banner Elk.
The Outside Inn at The Lodges at Eagles Nest is located just minutes from the charming town of Banner Elk. Featuring a wide variety of noted gourmet restaurants and excellent specialty and upscale boutiques, Banner Elk is a destination all its own. Here each season brings with it something spectacular, from our cool air and outdoor activities in the summer, to our incredible fall foliage, to great skiing during the winter. Banner Elk is also home to Lees-McRae College and its wonderful summer theater program, as well as numerous athletic events for spectators throughout the year.
- This home is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets to this home.
- AWD/4WD vehicles are required for our mountain homes during winter for inclement weather. In heavy snow, chains may also be necessary to access the property.
In the summertime, enjoy a nice hike right from your doorstep! The winding trails can either be hiked by foot or by ATV, fun for everyone! Beech Mountain is a short drive away using the back gate of Eagles Nest.
While enjoying your stay at The Outside Inn, you have access to most amenities inside of Eagles Nest. Amenities available to you include:
Amphitheater (location of summer concerts from May to the end of November)
The Great Lawn
Ropes Course and Climbing Tower (seasonal)
Toy Barn (closed for renovations)
Sportsmans Lodge (unlocked portion only)
Sports Court (Basketball and Pickleball)
Sportsman’s Grille (Wed-Sun. Hours vary)
Woodland Trail System (ATV Trails, Hiking, Biking)
Camp (BYO Equipment):
(Restrooms and Pavilion coming soon!)
Food and Wine served
Eagles Nest Winery Day passes are available onsite for $25.00 each
HOURS: Thur & Fri 4p-10p. Sat & Sun 1p-7p
Please note all visitors on premise must be 16 years or older. This is strictly enforced.
Guest do not have access to the locked off portion of the Sportsman’s Lodge, the Fitness Center, or the Wine & Cigar Bar. That is for member use only.
- Firewood for the fire pit may be added at the time of booking under "Additional Fees" after entering payment info or by reaching out to us more than a week in advance. You get two wrapped bundles and a Firestarter for $25/night.
- Eagles Nest is an up-and-coming community, with construction currently going on in several of its neighborhoods. Construction noises may be heard 7am-7pm Monday through Sunday.
- The main roads are plowed in winter, but 4WD or AWD vehicles are required November-March, and chains may also be necessary to access all properties in winter months.
- All stays at Eagles Nest homes have an additional amenity fee in order to maintain the luxurious facilities and features in the development.
- Guests are responsible for supplying their own recreational equipment (basketballs, soccer balls, tennis equipment etc.)
- The summer concerts are open to all guests however there is an admission fee for each person and cash bar for food and drinks.
- All linens and towels provided for your stay.
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own ATV's. For information about ATV rentals please visit: offroadadventuresnc.com.
- Please note that all Eagles Nest homes have internet, but some areas of travel may not have cell reception.
-Guest do not have use of the Green Egg at the property.
-We request guests do not use the large doors in the living room, to go in and out of the home onto the back porch please use door next to kitchen.