Nestled in a quite community, located in the heart of Ashe County, and only 1 mile from the New River, The Forge welcomes you and your family to a fun and exciting adventure!
This home offers 4 spacious sleeping areas including a king bedroom on the main level, two queen rooms upstairs, and a bunk room downstairs with 2 full bunk beds. The master bedroom has a private bathroom with a walk in shower and his and her sinks. The upstairs bedrooms will share a full bathroom with a shower/tub combo. The downstairs bunk room also has a full shower/tub combo bathroom. The living room offers a stone gas fireplace, a large TV and vaulted ceilings. The adjacent kitchen and dining area is designed with entertaining in mind. The open layout allows guests to not feel cramped when joining the family chef in preparing a delicious homecooked meal. Plenty of space for everyone!
Outside, let your worries melt away on the beautiful wrap around porch. Watch for the dozens of varieties of native birds or sit in silence listening to the late-night hoots from the owls on summer evenings. Take the family down to the oversized fire pit for a fun night around a fire. A perfect way to wind down from a day exploring nearby towns and local hiking trails!
Nearby must see attractions include:
Ashe County Cheese - see cheese being made and enjoy delicious ice cream!
Molly Chomper Cidery (13 minutes away!)
Ashe County Farmers Market every Saturday from 8am to 1pm from April to October!
Mount Jefferson State Park - great place for family photos. Stunning views!
Grayson Highlands State Park - 32 minutes away. Excellent hiking with scenic views, more than 5,000 feet in elevation. See wild horses!
Old Barn Winery - Live music, food trucks, perfect atmosphere!
Enjoy a sunny day on the New River using Zaloo's Canoes, Kayaks, and Tubes. Public put-in locations are nearby, as well for those bringing their own kayaks!
OFF-PEAK SEASON SPECIAL: Stay longer than the minimum number of nights and automatically receive a 5-15% Discount (Excluding Holidays).
- Please note the homeowners use an exterior camera facing the street. No other cameras are pointed at the home or at any of the common areas.
- Repeat guests returning to The Forge can receive a 10% discount.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is pet friendly with a limit of 3 dogs. All dogs must be leashed at all times.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months.
- Parking space for up to 5 vehicles
- Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive 100% refund, bookings canceled between 31-60 days, will receive 50% refund. No refund for cancelations under 30 days unless dates rebook to another guest.