The Bird's Nest at Sugar Mountain is the perfect luxurious retreat for friends and family to come together for a fun week in the High Country! Located at over 4,500 feet in elevation and offering over 5,000 square feet of living space, this luxury mountain property offers it all... Two kitchens, multiple game tables, a hot tub, upper and lower decks, two fireplace and much more! This home also offers a prime location! Less than 3 miles to the Sugar Mountain Ski Resort, 5 miles to downtown Banner Elk, 10 miles to Beech Mountain Ski Resort, and 15 miles to Boone/Blowing Rock (see more attractions below).
Sleeping Arrangements & Bedroom Features:
The main level features 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The master bedroom features a king bed and large bathroom with dual sinks, a walk in shower and jacuzzi tub. The other two bedrooms on the main level offer a king bed and 2 twins. These bedrooms share a bathroom in the hallway. Head downstairs to find two more bedrooms. One of the bedrooms is considered a second master suite and features a king bed, TV, and large bathroom with a walk in shower. The other bedroom offers a queen bed, TV, and full bathroom in the hallway. Lastly, the upper level offers a variety of beds, a large sectional, and a TV. There is no bathroom on this level.
The main level boasts a beautiful wall of windows, vaulted ceilings, and a stacked stone gas fireplace with a large TV above! Also on the main level is a private office study with a desk for those who need to work remote. This home is equipped with high speed internet, as well.
The lower level offers a second living room with a gas fireplace and pool table; another fully stocked kitchen, a poker lounge AND a game room! The game room features a ping-pong table, foosball table, air hockey table, and a card table! Endless fun for kids and teenagers (or adults living their best life...we don't judge!).
Both kitchens feature a deluxe suite of stainless steel appliances including a gas range and dishwasher! The kitchens are fully stocked above and beyond what is needed for the family chef to prepare a delicious meal. There is a dual drip + Keurig coffee maker so feel free to bring ground coffee or K-Cups! The dining table on the main level offers 6 seats and the bar offers 4 stools. There are two sets of washers and dryers for guests to use. This home is equipped with 7 total TVs, 5 of which are "smart" and offer streaming capabilities. All TVs offer YouTube TV for live channels including news and sports.
The outside area offers a gas grill on each deck (both upper and lower), a private hot tub, and plenty of outdoor seating and dining options. There is also a firepit lounge on the upper deck. Perfect for enjoying the sunset, a glass of wine, and a warm fire on a chilly fall evening!
If you're looking to enjoy the beautiful NC Mountains in style, Bird's Nest at Sugar Mountain is THE one for you!
Attraction Distance from home:
Grandfather Mountain: 10.4 Miles
Mile High Swinging Bridge: 10.4 Miles
Grandfather Mountain State Park: 10.9 Miles
Mast Store Annex: 12.9 Miles
The Blowing Rock: 18.1 Miles
Sugar Mountain Resort: 2.3 Miles
Beech Mt. Ski Resort: 9.0 Miles
Appalachian Ski Mtn: 19.2 Miles
Grandfather Golf & Country Club: 3.9 Miles
Kidd Brewer Stadium: 14.8 Miles
Additional Notes. Please read before booking:
- Repeat guests returning to Bird's Nest can receive a 10% discount.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets into this home.
- Please observe a quiet hour of 10PM as there are full time residents nearby.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months. All main roads on Sugar Mountain are paved but can be quite steep in some places. The driveway is gravel and flat.
- Parking space for up to 6 vehicles. No garage access.