Welcome to South Fork Cabin! This never before rented home in Fleetwood is the perfect retreat for couples, small families, or a group of friends visiting North Carolina's "Coolest Corner"!
The living room offers the highly sought after rustic charm that a mountain cabin is supposed to offer. Vaulted ceilings with exposed wood beams, a stacked stone wood burning fireplace, and cozy sofas await you for family movie night after an exciting day exploring. The kitchen is complete with KitchenAid appliances, including a gas range. The small island has 2 barstools for quick meals before heading into town. The dining area is adjacent to the kitchen and offers space for 4 guests. The kitchen is fully stocked with pots, pans, baking dishes, and plenty of utensils. There is also a Keurig coffee maker for guests to use so be sure to pack your favorite K-Cups!
South Fork Cabin offers 2 main bedrooms, one on the main level and one upstairs, each with a queen bed. There is also a large open loft upstairs that offers a queen bed, as well. Guests in the loft will share a bathroom with those in the upstairs bedroom.
Outside you'll find over 1,000 square feet of covered & uncovered deck space. Perfect for grilling and entertaining while enjoying the cool summer evenings. The 2-seater hot tub on the deck is the perfect way to relax after a fun day kayaking on the nearby New River! Fur family members can stretch their legs in the enclosed area in the backyard. Lastly, grab the S'mores and head over to the fire pit! Enjoy star gazing and telling your favorite camp fire stories with family. South Fork Cabin truly is a special place to make memories to last a lifetime!
Downtown West Jefferson is only a short drive away. Here you can find tons of shopping, great dining options, as well as many historic attractions. Visit Churches of the Frescoes, one of West Jefferson's most visited attractions! Or, for guests that wish to spend their days outdoors, head to Mount Jefferson State Park and admire the stunning long range mountain views. Boone and Blowing Rock are also nearby, about a 20-30 minute drive. If heading to Blowing Rock, take the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway and stop at one of the many overlooks for an awesome family photo!
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Guests are expected to come prepared with AWD or 4Wd vehicles in the winter months.
- This home is pet friendly with a $25 per day, per dog fee.
- Full time residents are nearby. Please respect the 10PM quiet hour.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.