Old world craftmanship meets modern vacation luxury in this two-story two-bedroom 2.5 bathroom home on 2.4 acres of private natural Appalachian splendor. Nestled above the New River the home offers guests sweeping views of the river and surrounding countryside with a private babbling brook that adds to the relaxing soundscape of this retreat. The home was designed and built by a master craftsman with hand-sanded tongue and groove knotty pine woodwork throughout the house which creates a light and bright lofted modern cabin feel. The warm and inviting home offers plenty of living and entertaining space for everyone, whether gathering with friends and family, or looking for a retreat for some private solitude in the beauty of nature.
The open concept top level features hardwood flooring throughout, soaring lofted ceilings, and walls of picture windows which offer panoramic views of the river. Here you will find a large living room with custom woodwork illuminated during the day by streaming sunlight and at night by the warmth of the first of two gas stone fireplaces. Ample comfortable seating for friends and family facilitates easy movement through the open concept space with every spot offering a picturesque vantage point of the views. The custom gourmet kitchen has all the equipment you could need whether preparing a romantic dinner for two or holiday meal for the family, including two ovens, a complete coffee bar and chefs prep ware. The interior dining area offers seating for six – that is, if you don’t choose to eat al fresco at the additional dining table on the deck; both offer amazing views. There is a full wrap-around deck that extends the kitchen, dining, and lounging experience with a 3 foot griddle for those looking to cook breakfast or sear a fresh caught fish from the public fishing hole just 8 minutes away. Morning coffee can be enjoyed on the deck in the Adirondack or rocking chairs enjoying the sunrise and mist that collects in the valley directly above the New River – or you can enjoy an evening beer from one of our many local breweries.
Just paces away is the master suite with vaulted ceilings and a king-sized luxury mattress from Helix with optional heated mattress pads for extra wintertime comfort. A large picture window ushers in the sound of the babbling brook below. The master bath features vaulted ceilings with ample closet space, a jetted tub, custom tiled walk-in shower with rain shower head and a double vanity.
The ground floor has an additional living room with wet bar, smart television with sound system, and adjacent is the second bedroom with queen sized luxury mattress from Helix. Both rooms offer French doors opening out to the same views of the New River and pastoral countryside complete with a porch swing. Down the hall is a second full bathroom with a walk-in shower. On the same level is an additional capacious lounge and game room where you will find a fireplace, large smart television and custom built bar complete with a wine fridge and all the bar tools and glasses you could want. This room offers an array of games for all ages; the central table also easily converts to a poker table or a bumper pool table simply by removing the top. Fun for the whole family! Step outside and find an 8 person hot tub secluded in a private forest setting from which to gaze at the stars. For those looking for evening media entertainment, the lounge, second living room and master bedroom offer 55” smart televisions and the second bedrooms has a 50” smart television. Music can be played throughout the home with three Bluetooth portable speakers; the sound system in the second living room also easily connects with Bluetooth.
- The home is a short 15 minutes (7.2 miles) from downtown Boone and delicious brunch at Melanie’s, fresh baked bread at Stick Boy Bakery, or groceries at Lowes Food.
- Hiking trails abound from easy to intense within city, county and state parks (10-30 minute drive listed in our guest book) and Grandfather Mountain State Park is 45 minutes away.
- Rocky Knob Mountain bike park (15 minute drive) is a free 185 acre park with miles of trails. Tweetsie Railroad (24 minutes) provides family entertainment.
- During the spring to fall, New River fishing, tubing and kayaking are 5-10 minute walk or 5 minute drive for equipment rental.
- During the winter use this home as your retreat to recuperate in the hot tub or in front of the fire after a day of skiing at nearby Ski Resorts (Appalachian Ski Mountain, 30 min. Sugar Mountain Resort, 45 min. Beech Mountain, 60 min. Hawksnest Snow Tubing and Zipline, 45 min).
- Cheese makers: Ashe County Cheese (33 min) and Heritage Homestead Dairy (40 min) offer tours and cheese tastings.
- Repeat guests returning to River View Retreat can receive a 5% discount.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. The home comes with eco-friendly dishwasher detergent, laundry pods, shampoo, hand soap, dish soap, shampoo, conditioner and body wash. A starter set of toilet paper, garbage bags and makeup remover cloths are also provided. Hair dryers are supplied in each bathroom.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is pet friendly to mature, well-trained dogs only. $25 per day, per dog.
- Please observe a quiet hour of 10PM as there are full time residents nearby.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are absolutely required during winter months. The road leading to this home is gravel and quite steep.
- Parking space for up to 4 vehicles.