Welcome to Peaceful Wood Haven!
Atop the community of Mill Ridge, Peaceful Wood Haven is a completely updated home with five bedrooms, four baths, and a fabulous game room on the lower level.
Level entry from the gravel parking area into the home allows easier access. The beautiful kitchen with butcher block counters offer space to prepare your meals. Guests can sit in the dining room, at the bar seating, or in the breakfast table. Nearby is the living room with woodburning fireplace and comfortable seating around the television. All five TVs in the home offer Spectrum cable using the streaming app.
On the main level is a queen bedroom with TV. The full bathroom with tiled shower opens to both the bedroom and the hallway. Upstairs are three bedrooms and two full baths. The primary bedroom has king bed, a full sleeper sofa, and a private balcony. Attached is a full bathroom that includes a tiled shower with body sprayers. To the other side of the upper level are two bedrooms that share a full bathroom with a tub/shower combination. The queen bedroom has a TV, and to the other side are a Twin over Twin and Twin over Full bunks. The lower level has a bedroom with two sets of Twin over Twin bunks. Attached is a full bathroom and the washer and dryer.
The lower level also includes a game room with 3 in 1 game table, a free-standing foosball table, and a Queen murphy bed. Lounge on the large sectional with your friends, or break out the board games on a rainy afternoon.
Outside, enjoy the main level decks, stroll by the waterfall on your way to the trailhead, located next to the parking area.
Mill Ridge Resort is a beautiful and affordable community with resort amenities including outdoor tennis courts, heated outdoor swimming pool, the Watauga River and beautiful hiking trails! When you are ready to head out and explore our area, the central location right between Boone and Banner Elk NC offers an ideal starting point for all of your mountain adventures.
- This home is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets to this home.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a fire starter for $25 plus tax per night.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- Please observe a quiet hour of 10PM as there are full time residents nearby.
- Most roads in Mill Ridge are paved, but the last 50 yards to the home are uphill, steep, and gravel. It is plowed in winter, but 4WD/AWD vehicles and possibly chains are required during times of snow or ice.
- Guests returning to Peaceful Wood Haven may receive a discount of 5% to the room rent, not to be combined with other discounts to the rent.