Welcome to Mossy Path Hideaway! Tucked into a thicket of rhododendron bushes a short drive from downtown Blowing Rock, this beautiful home is an excellent choice for your family's next getaway!
Park under the carport at the paved driveway and walk down the mossy and cobblestone path to the house. There's just 8 steps to the covered deck, then you're inside! A wall of windows as well as a vaulted ceiling in the living area brings lots of natural light and open feeling. There's comfortable suede furniture arranged facing the gas fireplace and big TV with Roku streaming services, a perfect place to relax and watch your favorite games and shows. The kitchen area offers black appliances and custom cabinets with bark facades, as well as granite counters and all the basics you'll need to prepare snacks and meals. Between the kitchen and living areas is the long wormy chestnut dining table, with room for 8 people comfortably dining together.
The master suite is located off the living room through a set of double doors. There's a King bed and TV here, and the private bathroom has a water closet, shower, double vanities, and a tiled makeup vanity counter. By the kitchen is a second suite, with a Queen bed, TV, and private bathroom with a shower.
Climb the stairs lined with laurel branches to find an open loft with skylights, perfect for reading your favorite book. On either side of the loft is a bedroom suite. To the right of the loft is a suite with two Full sized beds and private bathroom with tub/shower. To the left of the loft is a family-oriented suite with a Queen bed and a set of twin over twin bunk beds, and a private bathroom with tub/shower.
Off the living room is a door to the covered rear deck. It's a great place to sit and reflect with your morning coffee while you enjoy the sounds of nature around you. A set of steps off the back deck leads to a stone fire ring. The front porch is covered and offers another great space to relax and renew.
Walk down the mossy path to the left of the front porch to the separate garage. Here you'll find a bay for parking, and a bay for playing on the ping pong table!
Mossy Path Hideaway is located in the Boone Fork Camp neighborhood, less than 15 minutes to downtown Blowing Rock's shopping and dining options. The Blue Ridge Parkway is less than a mile away, as well! All that the High Country has to offer is a short drive away.
- This property is pet friendly for mature, well trained dogs under 60lb. Pet fee is $25/nt per pet. Up to 2 dogs per booking allowed.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers. Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax per night.
- Please observe a quiet hour of 10PM as there are full time residents nearby.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months. Chains may also be necessary during snowfall.
- Paved parking space for up to 3 vehicles; one space is covered under the carport. There is also one bay of the garage available for guests to park; please note the garage is a short open-air walk to the front door of the house.