Moose's River Crossing (formerly White Tail River Cabin) is located just a few yards away from the prestigious Elk River and 3 miles from downtown Banner Elk! This beautiful 2 bedroom cabin is perfect for a small family getaway or romantic escape to the High Country!
The main level is living area features hardwood floors, a gas-log fireplace, flat screen TV and a large cozy couch (sleeper sofa). Just behind the living room is the fully-equipped kitchen with an island, stainless appliances, Keurig coffee pot, and all of the utensils you need to prepare a delicious meal! There is a dining table that sits 4 people and 3 bar stools at the island. Also on the lower level is a powder bathroom featuring granite counters and a tile shower, and a laundry room across the hall. Just off the side of the kitchen, step outside onto the covered patio and enjoy your meal at the table with enough room for 6 people! There is a gas grill for guests to use as well.
Upstairs you will find 2 bedrooms and 1 shared bath. The spacious Master bedroom has a king bed and additional seating space in front of the TV. The second bedroom has a full sized bed. Both bedrooms have flat screen TV's for your enjoyment. Across the hall is the shared bathroom with a tiled tub/shower.
When staying at Moose's River Crossing, guests will enjoy access to most amenities inside of Eagles Nest as well as the River Club amenities. Both the Wine & Cigar Bar and locked off portion of the Sportsmans Lodge are for member use only, as well as the pool in the River Club.
When you are ready to explore, head across the street to Eagles Nest and enjoy the wonderful amenities listed below.
Community fire pit next to the river. Firewood ordered will be delivered to the home, not to the fire pit. The home does not have a private fire pit or woodburning device.
2,000 feet of private, pristine headwaters of the Elk River for catch & release fishing of trophy trout
Stocked fishing ponds for catch & release fishing
Use of the outside ping pong table
Amphitheater (location of summer concerts from May to the end of November)
The Great Lawn
Ropes Course and Climbing Tower (seasonal)
Toy Barn (closed for renovations)
Sportsmans Lodge (unlocked portion only)
Sports Court (Basketball and Pickleball)
Sportsman’s Grille (Wed-Sun. Hours vary)
Woodland Trail System (ATV Trails, Hiking, Biking)
Camp (BYO Equipment):
(Restrooms and Pavilion coming soon!)
Food and Wine served
Eagles Nest Winery day passes are available onsite for $25.00 each
HOURS: Thur & Fri 4p-10p. Sat & Sun 1p-7p
Please note all visitors on premise must be 16 years or older. This is strictly enforced.
Guest do not have access to the locked off portion of the Sportsman’s Lodge, the Fitness Center, or the Wine & Cigar Bar. That is for member use only.
- Fishing in the Elk River is catch and release only using artificial bait with barbless hooks. All anglers must have a valid NC fishing license on their person anytime they are fishing.
- Please note that there is no land-line phone in this cabin.
- There is an additional $35 per night amenity fee (max $175) in order to maintain the luxurious facilities and features in the development.
- Guests are responsible for supplying their own recreational equipment (basketballs, soccer balls, tennis equipment etc.)
- The summer concerts are open to all guests however there is an admission fee for each person and cash bar for food and drinks.
- All linens and towels are provided for your stay.
- Roads are plowed in winter, but 4WD or AWD vehicles are required November-March, and chains may also be necessary to access the property in winter months. We are happy to help you find the home with the access you are most comfortable with, any time of year!
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own ATV's. For information about ATV rentals please visit: offroadadventuresnc.com.
- Please note that all Eagles Nest homes have internet, but some areas of travel may not have cell reception