Elk Island at River Run is an inviting 5-bedroom home in a quiet gated community near Banner Elk with access to the Elk River. Located less than 10 minutes from downtown Banner Elk, 20 minutes from Sugar Mountain Ski Resort, and 15 minutes from Wilderness Run Alpine Adventure Park, guests will enjoy the convenient location and the comfort of the well-designed home. Just a short drive through the community, and guests can enjoy catch-and-release fishing or a picnic by the Elk River (permits are required and bring your own fishing equipment).
The large double driveways offer parking for you and everyone in your party. There’s also a 3-car garage that guests have access to during their stay. One step up onto the covered front door leads into a spacious foyer.
The well-equipped kitchen features custom granite counters, stainless steel appliances, a pot filler over the 6-burner gas range, a large copper sink, a beverage cooler, and a double island with seating for 4. The dining room is located right off the kitchen and seats eight comfortably.
The main-level living area boasts a stone gas log fireplace and beautiful mountain views. Located on the main level, the master bedroom offers a private entrance to the back porch, a ceiling fan, and a TV. Off the master bedroom, you’ll find a large walk-in closet and the beautifully done master bathroom with two custom copper sinks and an oversized walk-in shower/jetted tub.
Up the stairs to the loft game area, where you’ll find the perfect space to enjoy a card game or watch some TV. You’ll also find two additional bedrooms and a full bathroom with a shower/tub combo. The second bedroom offers two twin beds, and the third offers a queen-sized bed.
The lower level of the home features a large open-concept living area with a large flat-screen smart TV, an oversized couch, loveseat, and chair, as well as a 4-person table. Additionally, the 4th and 5th bedrooms are located on this level. The 4th bedroom has 2 twin beds, and the 5th is a queen bed. There is also a shared full-size bathroom with a shower/tub combo.
Step outside to find a perfectly placed stone firepit to enjoy the mountain view or roast marshmallows.
- This home is in a quiet, gated community with full-time residents. RVs and trailers are not permitted, and there is a very strict 15-mph speed limit on the gravel roads.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all the utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers, but the home may have them in the bathrooms.
- Elk Island is accessed by a road that starts paved, turns to gravel, and offers a large gravel parking area. 4WD vehicles will be necessary from November through April, and chains may also be needed during inclement weather.
- The community of River Run allows guests of the property to access the community fishing area in the Elk River. At least one person in your party must wear the provided River Run Fishing Club hats hanging in the laundry room. There is a $100 fine for a lost hat. Thank you for respecting this requirement to keep access open for everyone in the neighborhood.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- Firewood for the outside firepit may be purchased from us with a minimum of 7 days' advance notice, at $25 per day. A day's supply is 2 bundles and 1 firestarter log.
- This property is not pet-friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets into this home.
Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive 100% refund.
NCREC Broker Name: Blue Ridge Mountain Rentals
NCREC License Number: 29198