Welcome to Deerwood Manor!
Tucked in the mountainside of Valle Crucis, this newly renovated mountain home is considerately outfitted with five bedrooms and four full bathrooms. The spacious living room has a woodburning fireplace, large TV, and comfortable, large sectional for everyone to gather. Off the living and kitchen area, step out to the dining room. With glass walls, you'll feel at one with nature as you gaze out to the trees. The well-stocked kitchen has granite counters and a large island with built in cooktop. The breakfast nook by the windows is perfect for a cup of tea in the morning.
There are bedrooms on each level of this three story home. On the main level is a king suite with a custom tiled shower and double vanity with one-of-a-kind concrete and river rock counters. A large, walk-in closet is available for guest use. Across the hall is a queen bedroom that has hallway access to the second full bathroom on the main level. This bath has a tiled shower and granite counters, and opens to the hallway for shared use from the living area.
Upstairs are two bedrooms with a shared bathroom between the two. Each bedroom has a queen bed and a small sleeper-chair for children to be kept close. The shared bathroom is accessed directly from either bedroom and has a tub/shower combination and double vanity.
On the lower level is the fifth and final bedroom. This queen bedroom accesses the bathroom in the hallway, where you'll find another tub/shower combination. Also on the lower level is the game room, complete with pool table, ping-pong table, sectional, and large screen TV. Fire up the wood stove to create an even cozier ambiance. Off of the lower level game room is a smaller deck with dining space for six.
Step outside to the main level deck and spend your evenings on the sectional sofa around the gas fire-table. No need to start a fire, this lights up with ease. If you'd like to start up the grill for dinner, we provide the propane.
In the yard is a large, fenced in area. The family can relax here and know their little ones are safe to explore and play. Walk quietly, and you'll likely see the many deer in the area most mornings and evenings.
Deerwood Manor is a 3 minute drive to the historic Original Mast General Store, Mas General Store Annex, Mast Farm, and the beautiful Valle Crucis Community Park. Local restaurant Over Yonder is a great place for nearby dining, only 1.5 miles from the home, and seasonally there is an ice cream shop next to the Mast General Store Annex. Shop, fly fish, dine, or play!
- This property is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets to this home.
- Firewood for the fireplace and stove may be added by reaching out to us more than a week in advance. You get two wrapped bundles and a firestarter for $25/night plus taxes.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- AWD/4WD and/or chains will be required in winter months. The driveway is paved, but the drive and the last 0.5 miles of road are steep and uphill.
- Guests returning to Deerwood Manor may receive a discount of 5% to the room rent, not to be combined with other discounts to the rent.