Brand new home to rental market! Buffalo Creek Lodge is a stunning log home nestled on over 12 private acres just minutes from the town of West Jefferson. The property adjoins an 1100-acre NC State owned parcel which allows guests to enjoy hiking right from the property that features amazing mountain views and a rushing creek!
The living room boasts vaulted ceilings, a two story wood-burning fireplace, brand new furniture, and a large TV. The nearby kitchen is fully stocked for all your cooking needs including both a Keurig and drip coffee maker, an oven warmer, a gas range, and a prep sink. The dining table offers seating for 10 guests and the bar has 4 log high-top chairs for extra space. Also on the main level of the home is two queen bedrooms that will share a full bath. Upstairs, find the spacious master suite through a beautiful set of French doors. This room includes a king bed, private upper deck access, and a large ensuite bathroom with a Whirlpool tub. Also upstairs is a brand new pool table in the loft area which also offers a small deck area with chairs.
Head downstairs to find two more bedrooms - one queen room and one bunk room that has one twin-over-full and one twin-over-twin bunk bed, complete with an Xbox gaming system for those rainy days spent indoors! These bedrooms will share a full bathroom in the hallway with a shower/tub combo.
The entire home was carefully furnished with comfort and relaxation in mind! You'll find nice bedding and a TV in each bedroom, a zoned Sonos sound system throughout the entire home, and a brand new EV Charger mounted on the wall in the garage.
Your favorite part of Buffalo Creek Lodge is surely to be the great outdoor space, leaving you feeling totally secluded and at peace. You truly feel like you have the whole mountain yourself! Enjoy the peace and quiet while gazing at the star filled night sky and being able to totally unwind from your hectic schedule! The upper deck off the living room has ample patio furniture, a gas fire table, a brand new hot tub, and an outdoor kitchen station with a mini-fridge and a sink. Find groomed trails behind the house that lead to 3 Top Mountain Game Land! Perfect way to stretch your fur-family members legs!
Nearby must see attractions include:
Ashe County Cheese - see cheese being made and enjoy delicious ice cream!
Molly Chomper Cidery (13 minutes away!)
Ashe County Farmers Market every Saturday from 8am to 1pm from April to October!
Mount Jefferson State Park - great place for family photos. Stunning views!
Grayson Highlands State Park - 32 minutes away. Excellent hiking with scenic views, more than 5,000 feet in elevation. See wild horses!
Old Barn Winery - Live music, food trucks, perfect atmosphere!
Enjoy a sunny day on the New River using Zaloo's Canoes, Kayaks, and Tubes. Public put-in locations are nearby, as well for those bringing their own kayaks!
OFF-PEAK SEASON SPECIAL: Stay longer than the minimum number of nights and automatically receive a 5-15% Discount (Excluding Holidays).
- Please note the homeowners use an exterior camera facing the street. No other cameras are pointed at the home or at any of the common areas.
- Repeat guests returning to Buffalo Creek Lodge can receive a 10% discount.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a fire starter for $25 plus tax.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is dog friendly (no cats) with a $25 per day, per dog fee. No animals on the furniture.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months. The main road leading to this home alternates from gravel to paved. The last stretch up to the home is steep but paved.
- Parking space for up to 6 vehicles