Welcome to the stylish Bag End in Eagles Nest! This beautifully modern mountain home, named after the beloved home of Bilbo Baggins in The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, welcomes you to stay awhile and relax.
Enter the home with just three stairs from the parking area. The main level great room features a half bath, a stacked stone gas log fireplace with an HDTV, comfortable furnishings, and sliding glass doors to the deck and the beautiful mountain views. The kitchen is the dream of any budding chef with stainless steel appliances, stone backsplash, and solid quartz counters. The dining table can seat up to 8 comfortably.
Bag End offers three welcoming King bedrooms. The main level has a King ensuite with a full bath that also opens to the main level. The lower floor has the second King suite as well as a bunk room with two sets of Twin bunkbeds, perfect for the young and young at heart. There is a shared bathroom on this floor with a tiled shower and double vanities. The top level has a beautiful King master suite with a free standing soaking tub, custom tiled shower, and double vanities.
There is space for everyone in Bag End. The top level has an open loft area with a large cozy couch for reading. Downstairs in the second living area you'll find an air hockey table as well as a Nintendo Switch docking station. Step outside and enjoy the cool mountain air at over 4,000' elevation! Rocking chairs and a swing make it a great place to relax.The views are lovely from Bag End. Enjoy the gas powered firepit and watch the ever changing mountain vistas beyond. Bag End is sure to be a delight for your entire family!
When staying at Bag End you have access to most amenities inside of Eagles Nest. Amenities available to you include:
Amphitheater (location of summer concert's from May to the end of November)
The Great Lawn
Ropes Course and Climbing Tower
Horse Shoe Pit
Sportsmans Lodge (unlocked portion only)
Sports Court (Basketball and Pickleball)
Snow Tubing/Sledding Hill
Woodland Trail System (ATV Trails, Hiking, Biking)
· Tennis Courts OFF-PEAK SPECIAL: Stay longer than the minimum number of nights and automatically receive a 5-15% Discount -
- Guest do not have access to the locked off portion of the Sportsmans Lodge or the Wine & Cigar Bar. That is for member use only.
- The North Pavilion is host to several summer parties including a Fourth of July celebration and concerts which guests are more than welcome to attend however, in the event there is a wedding or other private party, guests are not allowed in or near the Sportsmans Lodge.
- Guests are responsible for supplying their own recreational equipment (basketballs, soccer balls, tennis equipment etc.)
- The summer concerts are open to all guests however there is an admission fee for each person and cash bar for food and drinks.
- 4WD required for winter months
- All linens and towels provided
- Guests are not allowed to bring their own ATV's. For information about ATV rentals please visit: offroadadventuresnc.com
- All Eagles Nest homes have an additional amenity fee in order to maintain the luxurious amenities
- Eagles Nest is an up and coming community, with construction currently going on in several of its neighborhoods. Construction noises may be heard from 7am-7pm Monday-Saturday.
- Please note that all Eagles Nest homes have internet, but some areas of travel may not have cell reception.
- Please note that this home is not pet friendly. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- Bag End has two bedrooms per its septic permit, but also has two additional private sleeping areas for a total of four sleeping bedrooms.