Welcome to Sugarbear's Barn! This one-of-a-kind property offers everything today's discerning vacationers seek: updated interior, an Instagram-worthy building, single-level living, a wonderful outside firepit area, and a great location close to skiing, hiking, shopping, and dining!
Park up to 2 cars under the covered portico parking area. Enter the Barn with just 2 steps, and you'll find yourself in a beautifully outfitted living space! Enjoy leather furnishings arranged around a gas fireplace with streaming TV above. There's heat and air conditioning throughout the living spaces. The kitchen is efficiently laid out and comes with everything you'll need to prepare snacks, treats, and full meals while you're here - and there's even a washer & dryer! The rustic laurel twig trim above the cabinets brings a touch of the outdoors inside.
There are two bedrooms down the hall. The main bedroom has a Queen bed, and the second bedroom has a set of built in Twin-over-Twin bunk beds. There's room for up to 6 guests to sleep comfortably at the Barn. These two bedrooms share a full bathroom with tub and shower off the hallway.
Step outside and enjoy the cool mountain air while you relax by the firepit. Roast marshmallows and tell camp stories all night long!
Sugarbear's Barn is located just down the hill from Sugar Bear Lodge, one of our premier 6 bedroom log cabins! The Barn is a great overflow option for Lodge guests who need a little more space. It's also private with its own parking area, so it's a fabulous choice for guests not affiliated with the Lodge, too.
No matter what your adventure plans are while visiting with us, The Barn is close to everything! It's located within 7 minutes from downtown Banner Elk dining and shopping, the Wilderness Run Alpine Coaster, Sugar Creek Gem Mine, and Sugar Mountain Resort for year-round outdoor fun. Beech Mountain are Valle Crucis are both just 20 minutes away, too, and Boone is only 25 minutes away! Make your plans today to get away to Sugarbear's Barn!
- This property is pet friendly for a max of two (2) dogs, 50lb and under each. The pet rent is $25/nt per pet.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- Firewood for the outside firepit may be purchased from our office with a minimum of one week (7 days) advance notice. Firewood is $25 for two bundles and one Firestarter log. We will deliver it for no cost.
- The driveway is steep and paved. It is plowed in winter, but 4WD or AWD vehicles are needed November to April, and chains may also be necessary to access the property during winter storms. We are happy to help you find the home with the access you are most comfortable with, any time of year!