Welcome to the Southern Buffalo! This Beech Mountain chalet is nestled on a quiet street and sleeps up to 10. Conveniently located five minutes from Beech Mountain Resort, you will find this is the perfect place to unwind after a long day of skiing, hiking, biking, or shopping in this quaint mountain town.
Enter on the lower level to the dining room and cozy, newly painted kitchen with all essentials to make you feel at home. The dining room has an open floor plan that leads you to the family room with vaulted ceiling and beautiful stone fireplace. Billy, the cabin buffalo, takes his place above the fireplace to greet you to the cabin. The first floor also features three bedrooms, two bathrooms, and laundry room. Two bedrooms have sliding glass doors that allow you to take in the views from the backyard.
Walk out the master bedroom or living room doors to access the deck with brand new hot tub, propane grill and Andirondak chairs to soak in the views of nature. In the winter, the deck offers a view of the ski slopes and breathtaking mountain lights at night. When fall comes around, grab a pumpkin ale or brew to see the leaves show off their vibrant colors. During the summer months, you will feel like you are in a tree house among the lush backyard trees with an average high temperature of 71 degrees from June-August! Don’t be surprised to see the neighborhood deer happily grazing below the deck in all seasons throughout the year.
Upstairs you will find the open loft area with four twin beds and a third bathroom. Practice your best deer hunting skills with your friends with the Big Buck Hunter arcade game.
Venture to App State/Boone and Blowing Rock in under 45 minutes from the cabin’s driveway. Shop, eat, or cheer on the Mountaineers while settling down for the night in the quiet town of Beech Mountain. Kids will love the close access to fun activities in Banner Elk like the Wilderness Run Alpine Coaster, tubing adventures, arcade and more.
OFF-PEAK SEASON SPECIAL: Stay longer than the minimum number of nights and automatically receive a 5-15% Discount (Excluding Holidays).
- Repeat guests returning to Southern Buffalo can receive a 10% discount.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is pet friendly for mature, well trained dogs only. Pet fee is $25 per day, per dog. Cats are not allowed due to the owner's allergies.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months.
- Parking space for up to 4 vehicles
Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive 100% refund, bookings canceled at least 31 days before the start of the stay will receive 50% refund.