Room to Roam has 2 bedrooms and 1 additional private sleeping areas (upper level loft).
Room to Roam is a beautiful three level authentic log cabin featuring individually hand hewn logs, a game table, fire pit, and hot tub! Located only 6 miles from West Jefferson and just 20 miles from Boone, this is the PERFECT home away from home.
From the moment you arrive, the picturesque setting and upscale amenities will take your breath away. The covered wraparound porch welcomes you as you enter the cabin to an open living area complete with a fully stocked kitchen, dining, and living area. The living room features comfy seating with a leather sofa and recliners. Curl up and watch a movie on the flat screen smart TV, enjoy a fire in the wood burning fire place, or catch up on reading that book you have been putting off. In the kitchen you’ll find modern stainless appliances and granite countertops. There’s no need to pack kitchen utensils – the kitchen is fully stocked with pots, pans and other necessary items for you to whip up the perfect meal. The island features seating for three while the table accommodates six.
The master bedroom is just down the hall on the main level and offers a king size bed, a flat screen TV, and deck access. The bathroom is located in the hall and has a large, custom tiled shower. Upstairs you will find an inviting open loft sleeping area with a queen bed and a bunk bed. There is also a full bathroom complete with a tub/shower combo. On the lower level of the home you will find a second living space with a Foosball table and a hook and ring toss game on the wall! There is also a beautiful stone gas fireplace. Another bedroom complete with queen and twin beds with shared hall bath is also on the lower level.
The beautiful wrap around porch is surely to be your favorite spot while staying at Room to Roam. Enjoy dinner outside in the cool summer temps and take in the peaceful wooded surroundings. If you listen carefully, you'll hear absolutely nothing at all... If s'mores or roasting hot dogs are what the family wants, then you will certainly enjoy the beautiful stone fire pit in the yard complete with Adirondack chairs. For rainy or snowy weather days, take advantage of the stone fireplace on the covered porch. Last but certainly not least, after a strenuous day hiking and exploring the towns, take a dip in the hot tub for total relaxation. Inside and out, Room to Roam offers many luxurious amenities making it the perfect getaway to the North Carolina Mountains.
- Repeat guests returning to Room to Roam can receive a 5% discount. Please call our office to speak to a member of our reservations team.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a fire starter for $25 plus tax.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets into this home.
- Please observe a quiet hour of 10PM as there are full time residents nearby.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months.
- Room to Roam has parking space for up to 4 vehicles.