Stay And Play On the Water!
Riversong Cottage is the perfect home base after a long day of relaxing in the mountains! This recently updated single-level bungalow is situated overlooking the South Fork of the New River, the oldest river in North America and one of only two globally to flow south to north.
The great room features an electric fireplace, a cozy couch and writing desk & chair, lots of windows to enjoy natural light, and a vaulted tongue & groove ceiling. It has an open floorplan with the living area on one side and the kitchen & dining space on the other. There are two Queen bedrooms on the main level, and a full bath with a tiled walk-in shower and stacked washer & dryer. In the loft, accessed by a built-in ladder, you'll find a futon for overflow sleeping space.
Relax on the covered front porch and enjoy the song of the river while you watch your kids and four-legged family members romp around the big, open yard! Grab a glass of sweet tea and your favorite book and read in the covered gazebo with tealights, then enjoy your evening meal out there or at the picnic table in the backyard. Have a friendly game of cornhole, take a soak in the hot tub on the covered side deck, then tell stories after dark in the backyard firepit.
Kings Creek Access of the New River State Park is just across the street & river from Riversong Cottage, and Riverside Canoe & Tube Rentals is next door, so you don't even have to drive offsite to go tubing! Bring your own tubes or canoes, leave a car at a pickup point a few miles downriver, and float away the day!
Need a couple last minute items? Piney Creek General Store and Pine Valley Grocery are both about 5 minutes away. West Jefferson, Grayson Highlands State Park, Independence Virginia, and the Blue Ridge Parkway are all a scenic 25-30 minute drive away, Boone is about 40 minutes away, and Sugar and Beech Mountains are just over an hour away. Galax, Virginia is about 40 minutes away and is where an annual fiddlers' convention is held. No matter what you do while exploring the river country, you'll love coming home to Riversong Cottage!
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax per night.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- Dogs welcome for an additional rent of $25/night each. No aggressive breeds, two dogs max with a combined weight of 50lbs. Please ask if you are unsure.
- Please observe a quiet hour of 10PM as there are full time residents nearby.
- Gravel parking for up to 4 vehicles.