Welcome to Mountain River Retreat! You're sure to love this log cabin as you enjoy the mountain and river views. Great Amenities are included!! A newly added hot tub, River Tubes for Summer Rafting (community river entrance and exit), Gas Fire Pit, Pool Table, Grill, indoor and outdoor games, and two HDTVs!
The cabin sits just across the road from the New River. Access to the New River, one of the oldest rivers in the world and the only river in North America that flows South to North, is located at the private community park just a short walk from the cabin. The river is perfect for tubing, rafting, fishing, and more. There are nearby outfitters who host rafting and tubing trips, as well as guided fishing trips on the New River (and other nearby rivers). This is a special treat in late spring, summer and fall!
The cabin itself is three stories. The main level features a spacious living area with rustic soaring vaulted ceilings and a beatuful gas-burning fireplace. Enjoy the open-air front deck with rockers. The Master bedroom suite with a King bed, walk in closest and an ensuite bathroom are located on the main level. The fully stocked kitchen, laundry room and spare bathroom are also on the amin level.
On the uppermost level you will find the second bedroom with a queen bed and a full bathroom. The adjacent loft area provides an area for family game night, puzzles, or playing with toys as you look down upon the lower living area. You will also find a separate computer workstation area in the loft, just plug in your laptop and enjoy this area to work remotely from the comfort of the cabin.
Mountain River Retreat offers its guests gas heat and portable AC in each room, a laundry area with washer, dryer and third bathroom, digital TV programming, WiFi internet, and a very large front and rear yard for playing and exploring. The cabin provides the character and charm of a log cabin, yet with the comforts and amenities of a modern vacation destination. This cabin offers fun and convenient activities for guests to enjoy during all the four seasons! Downtown Boone is only 13 miles away, and Blowing Rock is about 19 miles away. Both are excellent destinations for dining and shopping. Some of our favorites are the Beacon, Gamekeeper, and The Speckled Trout. Tweetsie Railroad and West Jefferson are also conveniently close by. The Blue Ridge Parkway is less than 8 miles from Mountain River Retreat, and the village of Valle Crucis - with the original Mast General Store, and its massive riverfront town park - is approximately 20 miles away. Grandfather Mountain is an hour drive along the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway. You can find activities for all the seasons including hiking, fishing, tubing, zip lines, snow tubing, snow skiing, sledding, ice skating, snowboarding and so much more are all conveniently close to Mountain River Retreat! Nearby skiing destination App Ski Mtn, Sugar Mountain Ski Resort and Ski Beech Resort.
OFF-PEAK SEASON SPECIAL: Stay longer than the minimum number of nights and automatically receive a 5-15% Discount (Excluding Holidays).
- Please note the homeowners use an exterior camera facing the driveway and front yard. No other cameras are pointed at the home or at any of the common areas.
- This home is equipped with a portable a/c unit in the master bedroom. Instructions on how to operate will be in the informational binder inside the home.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is NOT pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets into this home.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months. The main road leading to this home is paved however, the driveway is gravel and moderately steep.
- Parking space for up to 2-3 small vehicles