Welcome to Moose Creek Lodge! This charming log cabin, offering both beautiful mountain views and views of the historic New River below, is a great choice for your next High Country vacation!
Park in the gravel parking area and walk down the path to the front door. There are no steps onto the deck, though there is a hill from the parking area to the front door. Everything you need is on the main level: the great room with soaring vaulted ceilings and gas fireplace, the kitchen and dining area, and the master bedroom and a bathroom. Enjoy gathering together with your loved ones in the spacious great room and making lifelong memories! Besides the great room, there's additional gathering space downstairs by the pool table or upstairs in the loft.
The cabin offers three welcoming bedrooms, each with a Queen bed. There's a bedroom and bath on each of the upper, lower, and main levels which provides privacy for everyone. There's room for additional guests on a sleeper sofa and twin-over-full bunk beds in the lower level living room, as well.
Step outside and let the peace of the mountains renew your spirit as you soak in the beautiful views from the covered front porch. Play a round of cornhole on the lower patio! The cabin is perched on the side of the mountain overlooking the river valley below. You'll enjoy the sights of river canoes and tubes floating by each summer, and if you want to join the fun, Wahoo's Adventures has their New River put-in point just a mile up the road! Bring your own canoes and kayays, or use the one 2-person canoe provided (adults only, please.) There's a zig-zag trail down the hill in front of the cabin to the river as well, so the adventurous members of your group can hike down to enjoy some fun catch & release fishing!
Located just 15-20 minutes north of Boone, Moose Creek Lodge is an excellent home base for your adventures throughout the High Country!
- This home is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets to this cabin.
- There is a gravel path from the parking area down to the deck to enter the house.
- This home is accessed by a gravel road. 4WD or AWV vehicles are recommended year-round and are required November-April, and chains may be necessary in inclement weather. We are happy to help you find a home with access you're comfortable with at any time of year!
- The South Fork of the New River that runs in front of the cabin is stocked by the NC Wildlife Commission, and is a great spot for catch and release fishing as it is designated as Delayed Harvest. This means fish cannot be harvested (kept) from October 1 to June 5 each year and only artificial single-hook lures may be used.
- Guests returning to Moose Creek Lodge may receive a discount of 10%, not to be combined with other discounts to the rent.
Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive 100% refund, bookings canceled at least 30 days before the start of the stay will receive 50% refund