Your long journey will end at this lovely mountain home where spectacular, long-range mountain views await from nearly every room! Updated as of Fall 2021, this beautiful home offers something for everyone in your group!
Enter the main level from just one step from the main level parking area. A wall of windows immediately draws your eye to the breathtaking mountain views, and there's a comfortable arrangement of furniture facing the double-sided stone woodburning fireplace with 75" TV above it. Plush carpeting warms your feet, and the vaulted ceiling offers exposed beams for an open and airy feel with a bit of Lodge-style elements. On the far side of the great room is a four-seat table, perfect for a quick card game, with an exquisite Grandfather clock beside it. There's also a telescope here - have fun spotting the cities on the skyline and the stars above! Upstairs is a huge loft area with two desks and a fabulous mountain views, a great office space for those who need to work a bit while in the mountains.
On the other side of the fireplace is the dining table, with room for 6 to sit comfortably. There's space for two more in bar-height chairs at the kitchen island. Effortlessly flowing into this space is the kitchen, decked to the nines with custom cabinets, stainless appliances including a 6-burner gas stove with griddle, solid Corian counters, an island with prep sink, and even a little TV with AppleTV! Off the kitchen is a half bath, and a huge laundry room with washer/dryer, 100-year-old refinished sink, and a long folding counter.
Down the hall from the great room is the first of two bedroom suites on this level. Behind double doors is a Queen bedroom with en suite bath offering a pedestal sink and a jetted bathtub with wanded shower head. At the end of the hall is the master bedroom suite, featuring a King bed, 42" TV, gas log fireplace, access to the deck, and en suite bath with walk in closet, two vanities, and a shower with a powerful rainfall head and a wanded shower head.
Head down one floor from the main level to find a warm game room. This space offers lush carpeting, a wall of windows, woodburning fireplace with 55" TV over it, a four-seat table for games, and a 7' pool table. There's also a sauna around the corner. There are two bedroom suites on this level as well. One offers a King bed and the other offers a Queen bed, and both have private ensuite bathrooms with a tub/shower combination.
Down one more floor is the amazing theater room! Featuring nine total seats including 6 recliners, this is a wonderful place to kick back with your loved ones and watch your favorite shows and movies.
Step outside onto either of the two expansive decks and drink in the mountain views. Even during snow or rain and fog the views are lovely. The Beech Mountain Club's golf course is visible below the home. On a very clear day you can see mountains as far away as West Virginia! The main level deck features a propane heating tower, gas grill, and a selection of seating. The lower level features a hot tub covered by the deck above. At the lower level parking area, you'll also find a Tesla-brand electric car charger.
Tucked away in a quiet corner of Beech Mountain, you'll be pleased to find yourself less than a mile to the entrance of the ski resort. Fred's Mercantile and Beech Mountain's many unique dining options are all just a short drive away, as well. Come find your Journey's End here!
- This home is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets into this home.
- This home is located at over 3600' elevation and does not offer air conditioning. It does have a heating system for winter.
- Guests may purchase firewood from BRMR with a minimum of one week (7 days) advance notice. Firewood is sold in sets of 2 bundles and 1 Firestarter log for $25/day.
- There are two parking areas at this home. The parking pad near the front door has space for two vehicles and is paved. The parking area by the lower level offers space for 3-4 vehicles and is gravel, and has a Tesla charger.
- Beech Mountain is situated at a high elevation that receives significant snowfall, so visitors coming during the months of November through March must come prepared with 4WD or AWD vehicles, as well as tire chains if there is inclement weather forecasted. The property is on a paved road that will be plowed after a snowfall but guests need to be prepared for poor road conditions.