Welcome to Jaybird Cottage! This charming Appalachian cabin offers a wonderful location and is a perfect home base for your next adventurous trip to the North Carolina Mountains!
This 3-story home offers something for everyone! The kitchen features stainless appliances, a drip AND Keurig coffeemaker, and every utensil needed to prepare a delicious meal! Just behind the kitchen you'll find the dining area with 6 chairs, along with a warm and welcoming living room. Here you can cuddle up in front of the wood-burning fireplace and turn on your favorite show or movie on the large flatscreen TV. The TVs offer streaming capabilities for guests to sign into their own accounts, as well as a cable package.
The master bedroom is located on the main level and has a queen bed and full bathroom with a shower/tub combo. Upstairs in the semi-private loft, you'll find another queen bed and full bathroom with a shower/tub combo, as well. Head to the lower level to find the third bedroom with 2 individual twin beds. On this level you'll also be greeted with a fun game room with a wide variety of activities such as foosball and Skee-Ball! There is also a comfortable sleeper sofa on this level, as well as a full bathroom with a shower/tub combo.
Outside, gather around the fire pit with friends and family. Bring your favorite campfire stories and a smores kit! Enjoy cool summer temperatures or the chilly fall evenings by the fire while making the best memories. Guests will also enjoy a warm dip in the brand new hot tub! When it's time to head to town you're conveniently located 20 minutes to King Street Boone, 25 minutes to Blowing Rock, 14 minutes to Sugar Mountain, and 30 minutes to Beech Mountain. Best yet, this home is 2.3 miles to Hawnsnest Snow Tubing and Zipline which is the largest snow tubing park on the East Coast! During the summer, their 2 ziplines stretch over 4 miles, featuring 20 ziplines in total! Regardless of the time of year, Jaybird Cottage truly is perfect for those adventure seekers looking to build new memories.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with more than a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is pet friendly with a $25 per day, per dog fee.
- Please observe a quiet hour of 10PM as there are full time residents nearby.
- AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months. All main roads on Seven Devils are paved but can be quite steep in some places.
- Parking space for up to 3 vehicles. No parking in the street.