Welcome to Carolina Elk Lodge!
This gorgeous cabin sits atop Beech Mountain, down a private road with no through-traffic for privacy. The main level features a spacious great room with woodburning fireplace and deck access along the wall of windows that surround the woodburning stone fireplace. Massive log beams support the great room and loft. The dining table seats up to 12, and there are three chairs at the granite counter opening to the kitchen. The cupboards are well-stocked for your cooking needs with cookware, appliances, and both Keurig and standard coffeemakers.
On the main level there are two bedrooms and two full bathrooms. To the south side is the queen suite with four post bed, a tiled shower, jetted tub, and double granite vanities. On the north side is a second queen bedroom. In the hall is access to a full bathroom shared with other guests with a clawfoot tub. The loft has a third queen bed and its own minisplit for comfort.
Head downstairs to the second family room. You'll find a gas log fireplace and sofa, a table set for board games, and patio access. The third and fourth bedrooms are here with a third full bath to share. One room has a queen bed, and the other a custom built room with two sets of twin over twin bunks.
Outside, enjoy plenty of deck space with seating. For cooking, the home has both a Blackstone and a charcoal grill (BYO charcoal). Off the main level back deck is a path to the fire pit. Enjoy an evening under the stars with your family while you roast s'mores
Beech Mountain has a lot to do and there's always something happening in the area! Some notable events would include:
-Land of OZ's Journey with Dorothy
-The long running Woolly Warm Festival
-Concerts every Sat. in the summer on the decks at 5506' Skybar as well as Mile High Yoga (a great way to start your day! Can also walk to chairlifts!)
-June is Family Fun month with different events each weekend.
-At nearby Grandfather Mountain you'll find the famous mile high swinging bridge & in the summer Grandfather Mountain Highland Games.
-Wineries are always fun, and two close options would be the Banner Elk Winery or Grandfather Mountain Winery. (Both being family friendly)
-Beech Mountain Resort hosts mountain bike trails, lessons, disk golf & summer concerts in the summer. In the winter you can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, ice skating, the Beech Mountain Brewery, coffee shops, great restaurants, tubing, sledding as well as the Burton learn to ride center. (Easy walk to the Resort)
- Please note that there are exterior cameras for the driveway. No cameras point at the home or on any of the common areas and the cameras are not actively monitored during guest visits.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two.
- The town of Beech Mountain requires AWD/4WD and sometimes chains as well. The home has a paved, but steep driveway.
- This is not a pet friendly home. Thank you for not bringing pets into this home.
- Returning guests to this home can receive a 5% discount (NOT to be combined with other discounts to the room rent).
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a Firestarter for $25 plus tax per night.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- Bookings canceled at least 60 days before the start of the stay will receive 50% refund.