Expansive, spectacular mountain views await you from nearly every room of this cabin just south of Blowing Rock! Cardinal's View offers everything you're looking for on your next High Country adventure.
The main level features a large great room with vaulted, exposed-beam ceilings, a gas log fireplace, a foosball table, a big TV, and lots of leather furniture arranged around the room. Double doors set into the wall of windows leads you outside to the deck, where you can kick back in one of the Adirondack rockers and soak in the 50-mile views. Head back inside and prepare dinner in the well-equipped kitchen, which has granite counters and stainless steel appliances including a gas 4-burner stove with griddle. There's room for 6 people at the dining table and 4 more at the additional table at the side of the great room.
Time for bed? Cardinal's View offers three bedrooms each with their own bathroom. On the main level off the great room is a suite with King bed and private bath with a shower and double vanities. There's a second bedroom down the hall from the kitchen with a Queen bed, and a full bath across the hall. Upstairs is a second suite, designed especially for a family to enjoy as it has a Queen bed and two sets of Full over Twin bunk beds, as well as a private bathroom.
Outside, the grounds offer so much to enjoy. There's a huge in-ground stone firepit, a picnic table, a swing facing the beautiful mountain views, and rustic steps leading into the forest where you can wander through the trees. There's an EV charger by the side of the garage, as well! (Tesla owners - bring your own adapters.) Kick back and soak in the big views from the hot tub, too. The cabin's land backs up to the National Forest so you'll enjoy great privacy here!
Cardinal's View is located off scenic Highway 221, affectionately known as The Little Parkway due to its forested beauty and route parallel to its famous namesake. Historic downtown Blowing Rock is just a 15 minute drive away, and the towns of Linville, Banner Elk, and Newland are all close by as well.
- This home is accessed by a steep gravel road. 4WD or AWD vehicles with good tires are required year-round, and during winter months chains may also be necessary during inclement weather.
- Mature, well-trained dogs are welcome here for a pet fee of $25/nt per pet.
- Internet is currently DSL and is adequate for checking emails and general web browsing but NOT for streaming or gaming activities. Depending on your carrier, your cell phone may or may not work in this location. Verizon is the best coverage here, and if your plan supports it, you can use your phone as a hotspot.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax per night.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.