Welcome to Bluebird Cottage in the breathtaking Sweetgrass Community just 8 miles from downtown Blowing Rock! Every effort has been made to ensure this professionally furnished & decorated haven offers you and your family/friends the vacation of your dreams and memories that last a lifetime!
Enter the main level from the paved parking area, with just a couple of stone steps into the house. The warm and welcoming great room features a floor to ceiling stacked stone gas log fireplace, with a flatscreen TV mounted above it. A plush section sofa and leather armchair faces the fireplace. The kitchen is at the far end of the great room and offers custom cabinets, stainless steel appliances, sueded granite counters, and three high backed bar stools. Enjoy delicious meals at the dining table with room for 6 comfortably. There is a half bath off the great room, as well.
Bluebird Cottage features three beautiful King bedroom suites. The main level bedroom suite has a barnwood accent wall and its ensuite bath has a glamour soaking tub, custom stone tiled shower, and granite vanities. Upstairs are two more King suites, one with a cork accent wall and the other with a bark accent wall. Each of these bedrooms have a private bath with a tiled shower and granite vanities.
The back porch is a perfect gathering place for you and your loved ones. Relax in the cooler mountain air by the outside woodburning fireplace. Rain or shine, enjoy the sights and sounds of the surrounding forests from the covered porch! Bluebird Cottage offers ample opportunity for exploration and being one with nature! Reserve today- You do not want to miss out on this one-of-a-kind vacation dream home!
Within the neighborhood is Boone Fork Creek, which winds through the middle of Sweetgrass and has been designated as a North Carolina Outstanding Trout Stream. Just a little ways up the road at the heart of SweetGrass is the 22-acre lake fed by Boone Fork Creek which is also stocked with rainbow trout to provide a world-class fishing experience. Drop a line from the shore and start reeling them in (catch and release only, please)! Bring your own canoes/kayaks and paddles to enjoy this beautiful lake!
Sweetgrass features beautiful mountain vistas, a trout-filled lake and stream, and miles of pristine mountain trails which are perfect for hiking, riding, and biking. At Sweetgrass you'll find a mountain playground like no other. Here, each season brings with it something spectacular. The springtime is ablaze with wildflowers, the summers are filled with warm days and cool nights which are perfect for daytime outdoor adventures and evenings around the firepit, fall's foliage is absolutely stunning, and the snows of winter transform the area into a picturesque winter wonderland.
Each season is perfect for outdoor recreation, but there is much more to do here than simply enjoy the splendor of nature. There are also a variety of festivals, community events, upscale shops, and gourmet restaurants to enjoy in Blowing Rock. Combining the welcoming mountain living of Bluebird Cottage, Sweetgrass, and Blowing Rock will enable you to enjoy a lifestyle that is unrivaled by that of any other High Country location.
Located just 2 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, 12 minutes from Main Street Blowing Rock, 15 minutes from Tweetsie Railroad Theme Park and Appalachian Ski Resort, 20 minutes from Boone and Grandfather Mountain, 30 minutes to Hawksnest and Sugar Mountain, you may find that Bluebird Cottage is your new favorite place to call home.
- No pets in this home, please. The Owners' dog has stayed in this home, but it is not pet friendly for new reservations. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
- The garage is not available for guest use.
- Sweetgrass is an environmentally conscious community that observes a catch and release fishing policy to ensure a sustained fish population.
- The Sweetgrass neighborhood is a peaceful haven, and therefore does not permit firearm discharge, fireworks, golf carts, dirt bikes, four wheelers, loud music, or other objectionable noises that disrupts the quiet enjoyment of the natural environment. During quiet hours (10PM – 8AM), all outdoor noise should be kept to a minimum.
- Rental guests have access to the grounds around the lake house, all hiking trails, and may fish in the lake. Guests are not permitted inside the lake house or on its patio. ATVs are not permitted on the hiking trails.
This property is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing pets into this home.