Get away today to the beautiful Bear Trail Cottage! The main level features a wide open great room that includes tongue & groove vaulted ceilings and a stacked stone wood burning fireplace with a large TV mounted above the mantle. Log furniture brings the look of the outside indoors. The kitchen has custom cabinets, granite counters, and stainless steel appliances. There's room for 4 at the log dining table, with space for three more on stools at the kitchen island. Downstairs is a den, creating another big gathering area with a huge sectional sofa, card table, and second big TV.
There's plenty of room for everyone to have their own space here. You'll find three beautiful bedroom suites on the main level. Two suites each have a King bed, and the third offers a Queen bed. All three bedrooms have beautifully finished private bathrooms as well. Downstairs, off the den, is a fourth suite with a King bed.
Step outside onto the deck and enjoy beautiful long range mountain views. Kick back under the covered porch and let the cool mountain breezes refresh you. With paved parking for 4 cars and only 2 steps to enter the main level, this is a great choice for those with limited mobility. And if you need additional accommodations for more loved ones, Bear Trail Cottage is just down the street from the Overlook at Wilderness Trail property, also in our care.
Located just 15 minutes from historic downtown Banner Elk, with the towns of Beech Mountain, Sugar Mountain, Valle Crucis, Boone, and Blowing Rock are all just a short drive away. Located in the peaceful Wilderness Trail community just outside the communities of Banner Elk and Newland, this spacious home is a great landing spot for you and your loved ones.
- This home is not pet friendly. Thank you for not bringing animals into this house.
- Internet is currently DSL and is adequate for checking emails and general web browsing but NOT for streaming or gaming activities. Depending on your carrier, your cell phone may or may not work in this location. Verizon is the best coverage here, and if your plan supports it, you can use your phone as a hotspot.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $25 plus tax per night.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.