Welcome to Al the Black Bear Lodge at Headwaters!
This fabulous home offers sleeping for eleven comfortably with its three bedrooms in the main house and studio over the two car garage. Guests may park in the detached garage or on the large parking area next to the home. Only two steps to enter the main level, and the front door opens to the grand entryway. A half bath and separate laundry are each to the left, and steps to the upper level in front of you. On the main level is the kitchen with granite counters and many appliances to give you a fabulous dining experience. Standard coffee maker, Nespresso (BYO original style pods), Panini maker, wok, and deep fryer are just a few of the kitchen features. The dining table seats eight, with four seats at the bar nearby. The open concept flooring allows guests to converse from the kitchen, dining, to the living room. The oversized leather movie theater sectional means everyone gets a great seat for the 85" Roku TV with Skybest Now for viewing. At the center of the home is an impressive gas log fireplace with beautiful stonework. The King bedroom suite is on the main level, with a spacious room, electric fireplace with thermostat, Roku TV, and deck access. The private bath has a jacuzzi tub for two, double granite vanity, and a tiled shower.
Head up the stairs to the loft. Circling around the chimney, you'll find foosball, shuffleboard, and a multi-game arcade for battling. Take a more relaxed pace to game night in the two rockers with chessboard. There is a second seating area with cozy sectional, electric fireplace, and TV. In the corner are a poker table and then two twin beds with a trundle underneath to convert one to a king sized bed. Two traditional bedrooms are upstairs, also. The king bedroom has bedside lamps with USB ports, its own Roku TV and a private door to the shared full bathroom in the loft. This bathroom has a double granite vanity and large tiled shower. The third bedroom of the home has a Queen bed with Roku TV. The bedside lamps have built in USB ports. Over the Queen bed is a lofted space with a Twin bed, private TV, and cozy space for little ones.
The detached two car garage is available for guests to use while staying at Al the Black Bear Lodge. A door inside leads to the studio over the garage. Here guests will find a peaceful retreat with a King sized bed, TV, kitchenette and full bathroom with a shower. There is a small dining table, fridge, sink, microwave, and cooktop. The studio has its own standard coffee maker, blender for smoothies, and toaster. The two blue chairs open to sleep two little ones (blankets and pillow are stored in the bathroom and chest next to it). The Roku TV is mounted over the electric fireplace, and AC keeps this space cool even in the summer.
On the deck of the main house, guests will find dining, additional seating, and a view of the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains. The grounds feature two separate fire pits with seating, one near the main home and another near the garage.Please read before booking:
All guests must stop by the guard house to receive your vehicle pass, directions to the house and a temporary code for the gate entry, and other information. The Guardhouse hours are 7am to 7pm Monday through Saturday and 9am to 5pm on Sundays. We encourage tenants to arrive during guard hours so they can help answer any questions. If you are unable to arrive during guard hours, you can call security and they will provide instructions on how to enter. Their phone number will be provided with arrival information 48-hours before check in. Other important details:
- Guests staying at this home have access to the beautiful amenities of the Headwaters at Banner Elk community. Some of these are shown in the gallery, beginning with the tennis courts. **Photos up to the tennis courts are the private home; photos after the tennis courts are the shared amenities of Headwaters.**
- Lake pavilion for canoeing, picnic shelters
- Community Clubhouse with fitness center, game room with pool, ping pong & foosball, and movie theater
- Adventure Park with campsites, tree houses, camp style grills, and fire pits
- Hiking Trails through the community and down to the Elk River- This home is now pet friendly. Up to two dogs with a maximum of 25lbs. There will be an additional rent of $25 per night per pet plus taxes.
- AWD/4WD vehicles are required for our mountain homes during winter for inclement weather. In heavy snow, chains may also be necessary to access the property.
- Firewood may be added at the time of booking or by reaching out to us more than a week in advance. You get two wrapped bundles and a firestarter for $25/night.
Bookings canceled at least 14 days before the start of the stay will receive 100% refund, bookings canceled at least 7 days before the start of the stay will receive 50% refund