Brand new listing as of October 2021! Updated photos coming soon!
This beautiful 4-bedroom home is located in the quiet community of Sweetgrass in Blowing Rock, NC! Tucked away in thick mountain larurel, this home offers a relaxing setting which will calm the soul and make all your troubles dissappear! Entering this home is easy as the homeowners have built a stone entryway with 0 steps and only a slight incline. Once inside, take in the warm cozy atmosphere complete with a gas log fireplace, vaulted ceilings, and an open floor plan between the kitchen, dining, and living room area. The master bedroom is just off to the right as soon as you enter. This room features a king bed and ensuite bathroom with a walk-in custom tiled shower. The kitchen feautres a large island with 3 barstools. You'll also enjoy KitchenAid appliances, a standard drip coffee maker, and all utencils needed to prepare a delicious meal for friends and family. Just off of the kitchen is a hightop table that will sit 4 people. There is also a laundry closet and half bath on this level.
Upstairs you'll find 3 bedrooms, two with queen beds and a third bedroom with a twin-over-full bunk bed. This designated kids room features a cozy couch, TV, bean bags, and a card table! All 3 bedrooms will share a full bathroom with a tub/shower combo. There is also a reading nook on this level.
Outside, enjoy family time by roasting marshmallows at the fire pit while sharing stories and making unforgettable memories. There is a dining table outside on the porch with enough seating for 6 people. There is also a gas grill for guests to use.
Within the neighborhood is Boone Fork Creek, which winds through the middle of Sweetgrass and has been designated as a North Carolina Outstanding Trout Stream. Just a little ways up the road at the heart of SweetGrass is the 22-acre lake fed by Boone Fork Creek which is also stocked with rainbow trout to provide a world-class fishing experience. Drop a line from the shore and start reeling them in (catch and release only, please)! Bring your own canoes/kayaks and paddles to enjoy this beautiful lake!
Sweetgrass features beautiful mountain vistas, a trout-filled lake and stream, and miles of pristine mountain trails which are perfect for hiking, riding, and biking. At Sweetgrass you'll find a mountain playground like no other. Here, each season brings with it something spectacular. The springtime is ablaze with wildflowers, the summers are filled with warm days and cool nights which are perfect for daytime outdoor adventures and evenings around the firepit, fall's foliage is absolutely stunning, and the snows of winter transform the area into a picturesque winter wonderland.
Each season is perfect for outdoor recreation, but there is much more to do here than simply enjoy the splendor of nature. There are also a variety of festivals, community events, upscale shops, and gourmet restaurants to enjoy in Blowing Rock. Combining the welcoming mountain living of Bluebird Cottage, Sweetgrass, and Blowing Rock will enable you to enjoy a lifestyle that is unrivaled by that of any other High Country location.
Located just 2 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway, 12 minutes from Main Street Blowing Rock, 15 minutes from Tweetsie Railroad Theme Park and Appalachian Ski Resort, 20 minutes from Boone and Grandfather Mountain, 30 minutes to Hawksnest and Sugar Mountain, you may find that Bluebird Cottage is your new favorite place to call home.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES:
- No pets of any kind are allowed due to homeowners allergies. In addition, absolutely no smoking and/or vaping inside or outside under any circumstances. Guests who break this rule will be subject to fines and immediate eviction from the premises.
- This home is accessed via paved roads that are very easy to access. AWD or 4WD are still recommended during winter months or inclement weather.
- This home offers 2 TVs with streaming capabilities, only. No cable or satellite. Guests must log onto their own accounts.
- There is enough parking space for 4 vehicles max. No parking on the street.
- Owners use cameras pointing at the front driveway. No cameras monitor the inside rooms of the home.
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a firestarter for $20 plus tax.