Welcome to A DOG'S DREAM! You - and your four-legged fur babies! - will enjoy every minute of your next mountain vacation here!
The warmly furnished great room is ready for you with a selection of leather and suede furnishings, large TV with streaming services, and stone gas log fireplace. The kitchen has been recently updated with solid service counters, double door fridge with icemaker, and a 4-burner gas range with copper hood. There's even an air fryer1 A couple steps down from the kitchen is the dining room, with space for 6 to sit comfortably under the two antler chandeliers.
Downstairs is a second living area with a smart TV and couches, a perfect place to curl up under a fluffy blanket and watch a movie. Enjoy family movie night from the big selection of DVDs, or enjoy a game on the Xbox (bring your own games, enjoy the selection there, or log into your Xbox Live account!) Or, curl up with a mug of tea and a book from the cabin's selection!
Time for bed? A Dog's Dream has four spacious bedrooms to enjoy. The master suite, located on the main level, offers a Queen bed, ceiling fan, smart TV, wall-mounted modern style electric fireplace, and a private bathroom with oversized tile shower with rainhead. Downstairs are three more bedrooms: another queen bedroom with Roku, a bedroom with a twin-over-full bunkbed, and a bedroom with twin-over-twin bunks. These three bedrooms share a second full bath with tub/shower.
The outdoor space at this cabin offers as much fun as the indoors! On the patio off the dining room you'll find a round 4-person hot tub and chaise lounger. There's equipment at the house for both frisbee golf and cornhole to enjoy. The covered front deck, accessed by ramp from the parking area, features a grill and a selection of rocking chairs to kick back and enjoy the seasonal views and cool mountain breezes at 3,950 feet elevation. The lower level deck overlooks the firepit in the yard, as well.
A Dog's Dream is perfectly located just down the road from scenic Howards Knob Park overlooking downtown Boone, and downtown & Appalachian State are just 15 minutes' drive away. It's a great location for football games, Parents' weekend, and graduation! All the best High Country shopping, attractions, and dining are just a short drive away as well, including Tweetsie Railroad, skiing, the Blue Ridge Parkway, and Grandfather Mountain.
No matter where you go and what you do during your High Country vacation, you're sure to love coming home to A Dog's Dream! Additional Notes:
- All BRMR homes offer well stocked kitchens with all utensils needed to cook meals. There is also a "starter set" of paper products at the house: a roll of toilet paper per bath, a couple garbage bags, a small vial of dishwashing liquid, a few tablets of dishwasher detergent, some laundry pods, a roll of paper towels, hand soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, and some makeup remover cloths. There are enough of these items for one night, or maybe two. We do not provide hair dryers.
- Firewood may be purchased at the time of booking or with a week's notice. You receive two wrapped, kiln-dried bundles and a fire starter for $25 plus tax.
- Towels and linens will be provided for you.
- This property is pet friendly for mature, well-trained dogs only (no puppies, scratchers, or chewers please!) Pet fee is $25/nt per pet.
- Please observe a quiet hour of 10PM as there are full time residents nearby.
- The driveway is paved, however due to the elevation AWD or 4WD vehicles are required during winter months.
Guests who cancel at least 60 days before check-in will get back a 100% refund. If they cancel past that date, they will not get a refund.